Re: (TV) PL&U

OwenGwilliam@cs.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/15/2001 9:20:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jh@brainiac.com writes:
>

> > Elvis' version (of "Peace, Love and Understanding") is the. best. cover.
> > song. ever.
>
> I have only one complaint with it ... once I get listening, I want that main
> riff to go on for another 10, 15, 20 minutes. :-)
>
> Seriously. It's one of those songs I *REALLY* have trouble listening to only
> once. I feel compelled to go back and listen again.

That's what the "repeat" button on the CD player's for.  I usually listen
to it 3-4 times when I put that disk in.  VBL52 by RT gets 2-3 listens as
well.

PL&U is one of my favorite songs to play on the guitar.  I could bash that
G-D-C riff out for hours....

Nick Lowe, whom I had the great pleasure of interviewing back around '82,
was surprised at having one of his songs ripped away from him to become
another artist's signature tune, but was thrilled because EC was a good
friend and because EC had brought out the heart lurking in the song, though
he'd written it and had always sung it with cynicism.

Later that song went on to make him a million bucks when some lame cover
of it found its way onto the soundtrack of "The Bodyguard" and that album
sold zillions to sheeple who, thanks to media brainwashing, mistook
Twitney Houston's caterwauling for music.  "Easiest money I ever made, and
it set me up for life" was his quote when I spoke to him 4-5 years ago at
a show he did in Providence.