Re: (TV) Stevie

"Eric Veillette" <ericgv@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >  I can't disagree more. Stevie was the real deal no matter what color he
> >was(I am assuming with your wonderbread comment that that you were
> >commenting on his skin color). I had the privilage of seeing him live it
> >was just awe inspiring.
> >lisa

I think the "wonderbread" comment was not about skin color; Wonder Bread
is this bog-awful stuff that resembles soft styrofoam in look, texture and
taste.  It is to bread what Taco Bell is to Mexican cuisine.

And having seen SRV live twice (on the same night! *) he had a lot
more soul than, say, Eric Clapton.

> The guitarists that get to me are the vai and satriani types, the ones that
> all the metalheads and guitar-kids would speak incessantly about back in
> high school.

All flash and technique, very little substance there.  A friend of mine
calls them the "needly-needly" guitarists because their solos always end
up on the neck playing needly-needly-needly-needly-needly-needly :)

* Saw SRV play an early show at a local college here once - I believe it was
Halloween night because I was wearing a monk's robe and women seemed to be
_very_ interested in what I wore under it - and after the show we went to
Lupo's (a local club, but so much more - right, Jesse?) to see Los Lobos,
and SRV joined them for a night of music that remains one of the best I've
ever seen.