Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #491

From: DAYKARAK@aol.com
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #491
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:58:39 EDT

>The guitarists that get to me are the vai and satriani types, the ones that
> all the metalheads and guitar-kids would speak incessantly about back in
> high school.
>Of all of those, the only one I still enjoy is Randy Rhoads. But Malmsteen,
>Vai, Van Halen, make me wretch, and are definitely not all that they're
>cracked up to be.

Sure they are. They're all they've ever set out to be: guitar technicians
with a gun-slinger swagger. Who appreciates those guys a lot? Hm, let's
see...either jackoffs who like their posturing and the idea of the guitar as a phallic representation of their own ego, or people who like boring, bland,
extremely technical music that sure is impressive in terms of how FAST it's
played, what sort of changes are involved, but lacks feeling. I've taken
shits with more emotional content in them than those guys can even begin to
fathom putting into their music.

That's how I've always looked at them, anyway.

-nick

spot on.