Re: (TV) No surprise here

In a message dated 9/18/01 10:34:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pobbard@yahoo.com writes:

> I believe a band/artist is eligible 25 years after the commercial release of
> their first record. So, theoretically, Television was eligible in 2000 for
> "Little Johnny Jewel", but they are definitely eligible in 2002 for MARQUEE
> MOON, which came out in 1977.
>
> I guess the Ramones had a LP out in 1976. But the Talking Heads' only had
> one
> single in 1976, I believe, so Television should be at least as eligible.
>
> Someone please correct me if I have the rules wrong.

I think that's right. My guess is that they wouldn't be considered until 2002
for MARQUEE MOON.

Mind you ... if Television is even *nominated*, I'll be completely stunned.
They've got a great critical rep, but I don't know if that's enough.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz