Re: (TV) Re: OT: You know, reading this list hasn't been half as fun since last Tuesday...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip P. Obbard"
> Michael, I assume you're being sarcastic. 25% of Afghanistan is starving,
and
> they've suffered two decades of warfare.

Sarcastic?  Well, yes and no.  I'm well aware of the horrible conditions in
Afghanistan - the average life expectancy is 40, nothing's been rebuilt, and
an average woman's lot there is beyond awful.
    I'm not advocating the killing of innocents in retribution - that brings
us down to the level of the killers.  However, I think some show of force by
the military is inevitable; I would hope that some of the compassion, caring
and concern we've shown for our victims here might be spared for the victims
there.  And you're right, given our past history, it's probably not going to
happen.  I just wish it would.