Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #503

wal00@hampshire.edu wrote:

> it was just the way things were produced during that wonderous era.

it's really just an age thing. i think everyone pretty much hates the music of the
decade they grew up in.

for me it was the 70';  i can just now barely stand wah, and harmonized leads still
make me nauseous. fortunately, i don't let that get in the way of a good Big Star
album :)

funny thing about the Lillywhite drum sound though (and that was my guess of who
started it)-another list was talking about Dave Fridmann's sound, and to my ears,
it owes a *lot* to Lillywhite. if there's one hallmark to his records, it's that
huge drum sound, like on the Wheat and Delgados records.
larry