Re: (TV) KHosannas to Gregg/ Willie Redux /

Ah yeah
I'd forgotten about "anna". I guess I was specifically thinking about "Vanity Fair", which is my favourite TV b-side (anyone know how to play it?). It would be nice to know if there are more gems in the vault. I think the Miller's Tale was a bit of a missed opportunity - how much better would an unreleased live show and rarities twofer have been?

From: "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) KHosannas to Gregg/ Willie Redux /
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:32:49 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dan Jones <dnljns@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If we assume that the b-sides that make up the 'lost' album that was
> rejected before 'Flashlight' came out are what Verlaine wanted to sound like > then it seems to me that 'Flashlight' and its successor where sheened up a
> bit.

Maybe, but I think there is a significant "sheen" to b-sides like "Call Me The"
and "Anna". Also, I suspect Verlaine didn't release *everything* from those
sessions as b-sides - perhaps some got re-recorded for FLASHLIGHT (like "One
Time at Sundown") or THE WONDER, or simply held in reserve, so it's hard to
know too well how that 1986 record would have sounded.

--Philip