Re: (TV) KHosannas to Gregg/ Willie Redux /

I agree, and while THE MILLER'S TALE was still pretty damn good from any
perspective - the first disc alone being a gift from the record companies on
high - the second disc was a bit of a kludge. I would have rathered a (1) a
Verlaine/Television rarities disc; or (2) a Verlaine-only best of disc, or (3)
a mixed Verlaine/Television best of, minus the rarities.

For example, the following six b-sides have yet to appear on CD:
"Caveman-Flashlight", "Circling", "One Time at Sundown (The London 1986
Version)", "The Scientist Writes a Letter (Paris Version)", "Smoother Than
Jones", and the live 1987 recording of "Marquee Moon" that appeared on a 12"
single.

"Vanity Fair" *has* appeared on CD, but only on a hard-to-find CD single from
THE WONDER. (It is also my favorite Verlaine b-side!)

For the real die-hards, there are also instrumental versions of a few COVER
songs on b-sides out there.

--Philip