(TV) U-2 / Bunnymen

ditto- here's my tuppence ha'ppenny worth on the subject - i like some U2
stuff but after their first record they tried to ape the b'men to a
ridiculous degree for the longest time -there's a song on Rattle and Hum
f'ir instance which McCulloch and co should have sued for-the thing with U2
is that they worked their asses off constantly touring while the Bunnymen
thought it was enough just to be putting out great records...sad but true
unfortunately...Bono even nicked McC's habit at the time of breaking into
other people's songs mid Bunnyset so i can understand Mac's
annoyance -wouldn't say he was too jealous at the time..maybe more now
looking back at what could have been....what annoys me most is that Mac has
consistently pissed and snorted away his talent since the mid eighties and
consequently lost that fabulous rich majestic voice as a result -to hear him
today is almost too pitiful for me, he's lost at least half his range and
all of his vocal control and power- for me the Bunnymen however was always
the result of the chemistry and tension of the four original members and
when Pete de Freitas died that was the end of the band for me...i loved
Sergeant's playing too but how can one man hope to create the genius
interplay between Lloyd and Verlaine? impossible.....