Re: (TV) Re: OT: Uncut/Mojo TV articles - Pink Floyd compilation

To totally geek out for a moment, "Jugband" wasn't even _on_ Piper, but was on _Saucerful of Secrets_, which I recall as a pretty weak effort in which the rest of the band gradually learned to write songs. Waters scored a couple good ones, though, with "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" and "Corporal Clegg," which is pretty obviously the first trace of what later became _The Wall_ *and* _The Final Cut_. (A cynic might say it covers the topic in a couple of minutes, with some pathos and some humor.)

Pardon me while I try to think of how many years it's been since I've heard that record.

Nope, sorry. Can't do it. But I will agree that "Jugband" is an odd choice, especially with "Clegg" on the same album (but which I'm sure wasn't included--or was it?)

Not actually the Pink Floyd fan this post would seem to suggest,
Maurice