Re: (TV) Uncut/Mojo TV articles - Pink Floyd compilation

In a message dated 10/17/01 11:48:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pobbard@yahoo.com writes:

> This is a pure cash-in and an attempt by Gilmour to
> retroactively justify the final two Waters-less LPs; there's no system to
> the
> selection of tracks whatsoever. (And what, no "Brain Damage"?)

Very well put.

The whole deal is such a shame too. The last two PF albums aren't that bad on
their own merits (not classic either), but c'mon, just call 'em David Gilmour
solo records and everything would sit much better.

Mind you, I also wish Chrissie Hynde would've dropped the name "Pretenders"
after Farndon and Honeyman-Scott died. Same deal as the Floyd ... I like some
of the later Pretenders stuff, but I still haven't heard anything Chrissie's
done since that matches PRETENDERS and PRETENDERS II.

       -- Owen

PS: Oh, and I definitely understand the debate about "so-and-so left so it's
not the same band anymore" can be a very slippery slope.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz