Re: (TV) OT: Strokes

i just picked the damn disc up cos the vid for "last
nite" hooked me on mtv after 4 or 5 views..."last
nite" is VERY iggy (tho like "soldier"/"new values"
iggy) but christ, the rest of the record sounds like
pavement doing an early 80s mainstream pere ubu...i
can hear traces of the fall, VU, bunnymen, some rough
trade acts but there is something a little too
precious bout the whole thing....where the hell is the
ny grit? they're like a guliani-inspired version of
nyc...
i'm hoping the disc grows on me...otherwise it'll be
soon traded in toward something stronger...