Re: (TV) Good Translation of Liner Notes of Japanese Vinyl Version of Marquee Moon

> From: "Yasuyo Goto" <yasuyo@iris.dti.ne.jp>
> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:17:45 +0900
> To: <tv@obbard.com>
> Subject: Re: (TV) Good Translation of Liner Notes of Japanese Vinyl Version of
> Marquee Moon
>
> Yes, it is excellent work. Akiko and Mark, thank you for all your efforts.
> Although, like Mark said, there is nothing special for the list members, I
> would like to give you an additional information.
> According to her essay in 92, Haruko Minakami (I think her name is read as
> this) lived in NYC with Billy, Tom and Patti for a while. So what she
> described about TV members' life is actually what she saw as a close friend
> then. Doesn't it make the liner notes bit more interesting?
>
> By the way, I have Japanese original Adventure, Flash Light, The Wonder and
> (92 reunion) Television with liner notes. If anybody wishes to read and
> Akiko and/or any volunteers will kindly try to do more work, I will be happy
> type and send them to be translated. (Sorry that I cannot help the
> translation as it is too much for me.)
>
> Yasuyo
>
> From: "Casey, Leo J"
>> Thanks to Mark M and his wife, Akiko M. we now have a
>> very good translation of the Japanese liner notes of the
>> vinyl version of the album Marquee Moon.

I'm glad that someone from Japan thinks we got it fairly close.  I guess we
could do a few more if people are interested.. I already have a Japanese
pressing of Flash Light with the liner notes to work on and would be
interested in seeing The Wonder also if someone wants to send me a clean
photocopy to work from.

Mark M.