Re: (TV) Good Translation of Liner Notes of Japanese Vinyl Version of Marquee Moon

> From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:03:25 -0400
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) Good Translation of Liner Notes of Japanese Vinyl   Version
> of  Marquee Moon
>
> At 1:17 AM +0900 10/26/01, Yasuyo Goto wrote:
>> Yes, it is excellent work. Akiko and Mark, thank you for all your efforts.
>
> I'll second this.  It was really nice.    I'd like to see more chatty
> liner notes on albums and CDs--you know, the kind that were really
> popular in the '40s through the early '60s, in which someone not
> involved in the recording does a little essay about the artist or the
> music.  Sort of a built-in record review for the person standing in
> the store, holding the LP, wondering whether to buy it...  Ah,
> nostalgia.
> --
> Maurice Rickard
> http://mauricerickard.com/

I miss this too.. really surprised that more bands, at least the ones with
lots of money or the the re-releases of classic LPs haven't got more into
the idea of multi-media CDs.. you know, you can play the music on your
regular CD player and then pop it into the computer and maybe see some
videos, notes, interactive song re-mixing or whatever.  I think a few have
tried it, but doesn't seem to be catching on.

Mark M.