Re: (TV) OT: Greil Marcus' Real Life Top 10 this week....

In a message dated 11/27/2001 9:48:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jh@brainiac.com writes:

> FIVE stars??  A sure sign that drug use is up at RS, or maybe someone
> just needed the payoff to cover the Lexus payment.
>
> Just another reason why RS stopped being relevant years and years ago.

OK ... I can't resist a quick RS bash ... Two of my favorites.

The Who - IT'S HARD ... 5 stars. Called "their best album since WHO'S NEXT."
To quote Richard Belzer, "yeah, right."

Teenage Fanclub - BANDWAGONESQUE. SPIN calls it the album of the year. RS
finally reviews it about 4-5 months later and absolutely slags it off. Then,
when TFC's followup, THIRTEEN, is released, they slag it off saying that it
was a big letdown from their masterpiece, BANDWAGONESQUE.

Clueless. I just stick with Q and Mojo now.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert