Re: (TV) Warm & Cool

At 12:39 PM +0000 1/5/02, Andy Ferguson wrote:
Have now recieved Warm & Cool and one play has revealed that you are correct
in some places . The first track is terrible ! On first listen I like about
half the tracks , pretty much where his playing is what I would call 'more
Tom' . Not fond of the plucky , country style , but the more Television
playing is good .

I find in the right mood, most of it works for me, although..."Ore" and "Lore" are pretty expendable. That might have been the first CD that ever compelled me to program out tracks on the player's memory. I wouldn't call "Those Harbour Lights" terrible, though--terrible if you're expecting _MM_, _Flash Light_, or _Dreamtime_, but it certainly has its own reflective charm.

The only TV solo album I don't have now is Cover . I shall endeavour to find
it in the near future .
Any comments on that album before I buy it Keith ? ;-)

I stand by my "good songs, great playing, distracting drum machine and sibilance" opinion. Definitely worth having.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/