Re: (TV) on the subject of "lost albums"

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the list! These topics have been discussed on and off, but without
any real conclusion... rumors ran that he had as many as three LPs in the can
at one point, but it could be like Micheal Jackson having worked on "over 100"
songs for his new LP, or the Beatles having a 27-minute version of "Helter
Skelter" in the vault - not quite what it seems. i.e., Jackson might have
gotten no further than a drum track or deceased rapper's sample for 80 of the
songs, and that "Helter Skelter" doesn't have 15 extra verses, it's probably
just a long pointless jam with a bunch of breakdowns and chatter in it.
Likewise, Verlaine might have lots of material - some vocal, some instrumental
- in the can, but who knows how many records there are?

An instrumental record *was* scheduled for release, and cancelled, in 1999, so
I guess there is one finished record out there. From what I heard, Tom shopped
it around to other labels, but has yet to find a good deal.

There was also talk of a MUSIC FOR FILMS DVD. Again, just talk. I don't know
how far any of this ever got. It's been ten years(!) since Tom last released a
record, and 8 years since he last released a vocal track, so I wouldn't hold
your breath, unfortunately.

--Philip