Re: (TV) OT: Archival Releases I'm Looking Forward To

--- Eric Veillette <ericgv@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been awaiting this one for quite a while. Is there anything official
> out at the moment? I've never come across anything but bootleg stuff...

There are one or two Rockets' tracks on the last disc of the Pere Ubu DATAPANIK
box set. Other than that, the only official Rockets material can be found on a
1990 vinyl release called LIFE STINKS. You can read a history of the Rockets,
as well as a discography detailing this LP, at
http://www.furious.com/perfect/rockets.html.

I finally heard the Dead Boys cover of Laughner's "Ain't It Fun" last night.
Not bad.

> I've heard that this track is featured on the first disk of the boxed set.
> Hmm?

You mean the PEEL SLOWLY box set? I don't think so. The "previously unreleased"
song intended for the 2CD VU & NICO set is "Miss Joanie Lee", which is not on
the PEEL SLOWLY box. But I might be misunderstanding your question.

--Philip