Re: (TV) Slightly Off Topic: White Stripes & Citizen Kane

> b) Did any of you notice that the lyrics to the cd's
> "the Union Forever"  except for the first and
> last stanza are taken verbatim from the film,
> "Citizen
> Kane", and that the entire melody of the middle of
> song is also from same movie?
do you mean that the melody is lifted from charles
foster kane's big musical number in the middle, or
from the score?

the first and last verses aren't the only _kane_ refs
-- most of the lyrics in between are also from the
movie.  ("i don't care about oil wells," etc, and
"what do you want to be/everything you hate").

--c.

=====
"when it comes to big openings,
                   a LOT of people think of me."