Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #590/ bad lyrics

I had a similar cd - vinyl experience.  When I was a
youngster I was a huge Sweet fan.  I had most of the
vinyl albums (Desolation Boulevard through Sweet VI)
plus a couple UK only releases.  In 1981(2) I ran
across Marquee Moon in the new release section in my
hometown and everything changed.

Anyways, last year I saw Sweet's greatest hits on sale
on cd and bought it.  I was quite excited as I placed
it in the cd player.  My excitement soon faded and
soon I kept hitting the next button on every song.  It
didn't sound anything like the vinyl so I thought...
After dragging out my old lp's, hooking my turntable I
came to the epiphone, Sweet sucked!

They also certainly were not the wordsmiths Jonathon
Richman was either, as I quote:

"I lie on my back as she's blowing my sack oh it feels
so good!"  Call Me

"Everybody needs a piece of the action, everbody
needs, satisfaction gaureenteed." Action

"ooo ooo won't you play with me, ooo ooo you know I'm
out of my tree" ?

I'd have to go back to the lyric sheets but I am
fairly certain they had some of the cheesiest lyrics
ever.  The best part about Sweet for me was that I was
young and still getting around town on a bicycle.
Good times...

greg