RE: (TV) Television dates

Keith,

Besides Steve Rovner's Television Gigograhy,
the only other place I've ever seen Television's
European dates in 1977 and 1978 mentioned, was
in Pete Frame's 1979 book, "Rock Family Trees"
(page 27):

". . .TELEVISION #2 [May 1975 to August 1978]
Recruiting Fred Smith from Blondie (see their family
tree) , Television recorded "Little Johnny Jewel" (Ork
81975) - 1075) before signing with Elektra, for whom
they cut two albums:  "Marquee Moon" (K52046 - Feb
77 and "Adventure" (K52072 - April 1978). Toured UK
twice:  8 dates in May 77 (with Blondie supporting)
and 7 dates in April 78 . .  ."

I don't know how definitive Frame's touring dates' data
are, but Frame's 1977 number of dates, "8" , does not agree
with the original 'Steve Rovner site gigograghy number,
"15", which, of course, is now at your
 http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/facts/index.htm

I have more faith in the Rovner tour data for 1977, but
Steve apparently didn't have any info on 1978
dates.
Some info on Only Ones for MM Listers:
http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=B369fs35ba3rg

	Leo

PS:  Hey, MM list members:  Both Maurice and Keith are
way too modest about their great web sites. Keith's site
"The Wonder" won a Golden Web Award, which is presented
by the International Association of Web Masters and
Designers.

Maurice, with the huge salary and fat expense
account the All Music Guide (AMG) is paying you,
you and Patricia can move to Aruba.