Re: (TV) Clapton/Townsend/King bashing

At 11:16 PM -0500 2/28/02, Brad wrote:
bashing B. B. King,
however in passing, is just plain wrong.

I wouldn't have agreed with you until I saw him live in August 2000. Actually, I went into it expecting it was a kind of "pay the medical bills" tour, with him just treading water...but his playing was really, really good. I have a review at http://mauricerickard.com/index.php/1/254 and I'll note that the *idea* of Eric Clapton hovered over the proceedings at one point, giving some things a bizarre, hokey flavor.

And on Clapton, it *is* worth checking out his stuff with the Bluesbreakers--not God, but damn fine playing...although Peter Green's playing with the Bluesbreakers (and early Fleetwood Mac) is more than head and shoulders above EC's.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/