Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #645

OK, I guess I'll enter into this Tom vs. Richard
debate.  I love 'em both, but if a had a minor
criticism of their recent NY gigs, it's that Richard
always seems to be set on "stun."  Turn him on and he
plays these taught, brilliant little ricocheting
solos.  But all his solos are similar, there's little
of the old melodicism and pacing, and the main goal
seems to be to impress.  Tom's fingers don't move as
quickly, but he's got an incredible sense of tone,
pacing, and melody.

Did anyone notice, I think it was Tuesday night, that
the set began and ended with Tom playing the same
haunting three-note motif?

- Jeff