Re: (TV) Math Rock (was: Recent listening)

Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> >as proto-types, and has Tool as it's main exponent today...?
>
> Well, I wouldn't have thought of it that way.  I mean, they seem like
> a nu-prog-metal band to me.  My nephew likes 'em, and I'm sure all
> the exurban kids have heard of them...but I'd think to be in the math
> rock bin, you'd need to be obscure.

No, Tool is DEFINITELY math rock.  They have one song (Lateralus) which
has a measure of 9/4, then one in 8/4 then one in 7/4, and then repeats!

They also have songs named Parabola and Cesaro Summability, which are
both mathematical concepts.

Plus they had King Crimson open for them on some dates last year -
how much more mathrock can you get???