RE: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #645

Jeff,

In his NY Times Review, "Old Guitarists Don't Die;
They Just Strum Away"

March 21, 2002

JON PARELES wrote:
"The opening song stretched to 16 minutes, beginning with Mr.
Verlaine floating three notes over a drone chord, and gradually
made its way toward the patterns of "1880 or So" from the 1992
album 'Television.' At the end of the set, the music
dissolved back into a drone, and those initial three notes
were heard again."

Regarding your comments (below): OoT OH! AT the risk of offending
Richard's fans and defenders on list and once again stirring up a
hornet's nest, I totally agree with you--especially your:

"But all his solos are similar, there's little of the old
melodicism and pacing, and the main goal seems to be to impress."

	Leo

PS: This does not mean I don't love Richard's guitar playing
--but for me TV plays with more feeling and takes more risks.