Re: (TV) For the guitarists on the list (not me)...

It's THIS great (ouch, hurt my arms stretching that much). But my favorite
Verlaine solo has to be the one in "The Fire" these days. Not a wasted note
anywhere.

To chime in on a thread here last week: I agree that Richard's recent solos (in
the Television shows) do seem hyper-aggressive at times. Depends on the song; I
notice it a lot in "1880 or so", for example. On the other hand, I think Tom's
playing is just dandy these days; I like the off-kilter, chaotic quality of his
"modern" (like post-1980s) solos every bit as much as those of his earlier,
more structured playing. Ultimately, the two complement each other
tremendously, and if you don't believe me, there's quite a few Lloyd and
Verlaine solo records to "prove it".

--Philip