Re: (TV) (OT)the The

>  If you want to get into the The-I would recommend
> Infected.
i bought that one on saturday, after two people
compared it to tom waits fronting two very dynamic
guitar based bands whose work appeals to me (the
church and television).  the arrangements are amazing,
but i don't quite know what to make of the very virile
lyrics.  that matt johnson is quite the guy, no?

i also bought _dusk_ for $5 today and i haven't given
it time to sink in, but i really like "hounds of lust"
a lot.  that's the one where i understand the
waits/church comparison (there's something about the
sprawling, dry, spaghetti western-ish riffs) on that
one, but if he has other records where he =does= sound
like waits/tv, i would be intrigued.

=====
"julie is a theme dater, although she draws the line at
                              drummers."
    chelsea the mod pixie*http://www.pixievision.com