(TV) Nashville

I think Alan Rudolph's mentor was Robert Altman, one of my favorites. In
Altman's "Nashville" Keith Carradine plays a romantic rock star named
Tom who falls in love with Lily Tomlin. I don't know if Tom Verlaine
discovered Alan Rudolph through Robert Altman. I'm sure he saw
"Nashville". Tom spent some time in Nashville in the late eighties. He
got a driver's license down there, then drove too fast and got caught.
It turned out all right. Tom is a smooth driver, generally.