Re: (TV) Burning Cds Endangered / Costello

--- eric gregory <crackcity_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i'm pretty certain the record industry doesn't
> really
> give a shit about any of this...they merely go thru
i read the article in question and my reaction was
"but this could be SO SIMPLE!"  you could charge
$500/year and the record companies could open up their
vaults and make all the music that was recorded for
their label more or less available (obviously not
putting records with extenuating circumstances like _y
kant tori read_ or _tbe black album_ out there, but
everything else is up for grabs).  everyone would win
-- computer heads could get their music, bands would
get paid, and the record labels could make everything
more or less available to everyone without paying for
the expenses of manufacture and distribution.

but, hey, what do i know.  :)

=====
"julie is a theme dater, although she draws the line at
                              drummers."
    chelsea the mod pixie*http://www.pixievision.com