Re: (TV) Re: rumor

Hey I can answer one, I've been feeling so irrelevant
on this list that I recently resorted to obscure Star
Trek episodes but I digress...

according to the Buckley biography Jeff and Tom met
during the recording of one of Patti smith's albums.
Buckley was being pressured into getting a producer so
he picked Verlaine much to his record co.s chagrin.
Verlaine was a bit of a hardass as he was trying to
get the album done and Buckley seemed to be using the
studio more for jam sessions.  Verlaine also wanted to
can Buckley's drummer as he couldn't keep time.  They
parted ways and Buckley remained behind to write new
songs and demod them.

The 1st disc of My sweetheart is the Verlaine produced
sessions and Verlaine has a blurb in the cd's jacket
that he felt it was a completed album.

greg

p.s. Just got the Robyn Hitchcock Storefront video.
Great stuff (if your a Hitchcock fan).