RE: (TV) Heated debates

> From:Raymond
>a non-starter there mate , how many _truly_ great Zombies songs are
there?
two i'd say at most - care of cell 44 and she's not there

I'll add: This Will Be Our Year, Can't Nobody Love You, Beachwood Park

> nah no way Maurice i'm all for Pavement on this one - for Crooked
> rain,crooked rain alone  (cut your hair!!!)

Count me in, Ray, and don't forget the Watery, Domestic EP. Around this
time (91-92) you couldn't beat'em with a stick. Now everybody's copied
them and the effect is diluted but, the records still hold up. Also the
b-side So Stark You're A Skyscraper. SY were rendered obsolete upon the
release of Slanted and Enchanted (upon their own admission), but Washing
Machine had some good cuts. Confusion Is Sex is their best IMHO then
Sister (Sister and Dino.Jr's You're Living All Over Me saved my life in a
high school rock mythos sense). I'll take both those dinosaurs over Moby
the whale any day. 92 was such a good year to rock wasn't it, not only did
Television release a new album but it seemed there were five good bands
from all over the country playing in NY every night of the week, Jeff
Buckley solo at Sin-E, Pony at Brownies. Makes one weak with nostalgia.

This week: Caught Sky Saxon and the Seeds at Spaceland (openers Spendrift
wailed successfully) fun show, met Sky Saxon. Found 'On The Beach' for $3.
Declared Dan Treacy God. Heard new Bowie song about The Uncle Floyd Show.
Declared Jackie DeShannon God. Declared The Left Banke God.

GL