Re: (TV) Heated debates

At 4:25 PM +0100 5/30/02, Raymond wrote:
nah no way Maurice i'm all for Pavement on this one - for Crooked
rain,crooked rain alone  (cut your hair!!!) i'd defend them to the hilt..and
Trigger Cut...and ok you get the drift....

Good songs indeed, but we're starting a heated debate here. I'll concede that Polvo's low points are songs that fall flat (the embarrassing "The Golden Ladder," the annoying "Taste of Your Mind," and what some people see in "The Feather of Forgiveness" I have no idea). But I'll heat the debate up by saying that Polvo at their best offer not only the loose slacker-rock thing, but also jarring, fragmented songs (in some cases, epics) of startling power and groove. Check out "Fast Canoe," "In This Life," the mighty "Tragic Carpet Ride" (http://www.epitonic.com/artists/polvo.html), the surprisingly classic-rock "Rock Post Rock," the epic "El Rocio," and most of _Today's Active Lifestyles_. And more, but for the purposes of debate, they'll do.

And I'll _definitely_ take Silkworm over Pavement with absolutely no reservations.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/