Re: (TV) Heated debate:anti-Pistols rant

At 11:56 PM -0400 5/31/02, alan.sola@spray.se wrote:
 I4m probably going to be thrown off the list for this, but...

Oh, of course not.  We'll just hit you with big Nerf sticks.

Am I the only one here who really hates the Pistols? ...
But I just can4t see what4s good about S.P.!
Now go ahead, tell me why you like them!

Well, "Holidays in the Sun" alone is more than enough justification for their existence. (Not necessarily justification for their reunions, mind you...) A fine, over-the-top performance by Johnny on that one, and enough to earn a place in the collection. Not the be-all and end-all of punk they're often made out to be, but that tune's a classic, and a bit better than "God Save the Queen" to my ear.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/