Re: (TV) Offtopic: Giant Sand and Neil Young (Shakey)

Hey Russ,

Hey folks. Sorry to post an off-topic-er ,but I am curious as what >you people think of the band Giant Sand.

I quite like them for their raw, loose approach.  I have these:

Center of the Universe
Swerve
Purge and Slouch
Backyard BBQ Broadcast
Wich
Glum
Long Stem Rant

The only one that I don't like is Purge & Slouch. Hmmmm. I'll have to listen to that one again. My faves are Wich and BBQ.

Speaking of our man Neil. Anyone out there reading "Shakey : Neil >Young's Biography" by Jimmy McDonough .

I pick it up at the library tomorrow. Can't wait to read it. Recently read "For What it's worth: The Story of the Buffalo Springfield" by John Einarson and Richie Furay- a good read.

Cheers,

Brian