Re: (TV) Punk rock band - Sonics

>Another good place to start is the collection Here Are the Ultimate Sonics
>on Etiquette records. Besides the tracks listed below, be sure to crank up
>"Cinderella" and "Witch"
>
>Here's a quote from Andy Paypa, the bass player about his brother Larry who
>played guitar:
>
>"If our records sound distorted, it's because they are. My brother was
>always fooling around with the amps. They were always over driven. Or he was
>disconnecting the speakers and poking a hole in them with an icepick. That's
>how we ended up sounding like a trainwreck."
>
>Of course, if you REALLY wanted to be punk rock you'd poke holes in your own
>stereo speakers with icepicks before listening...
>
>Martin

Also, some remaining Sonics combined with members of Mudhoney a year or two
ago to produce a KILLER disc revisiting the tunes of their glory
years...including most all of the aforementioned, as well as "Maintaining
My Cool" and (natch!) "Louie Louie." It did come out under the Sonics name.

Mark Arm sounds more like Iggy than ever...Great CD! I'll dig out the
title/label information if anyone is interested.

tom