Re: (TV) new here

At 12:38 AM -0400 8/12/02, Dennis D wrote:
There is definitely a difference in style there, but I don't think one is
negative and one positive.
...I never considered
Television a punk band.

Interesting points, Dennis. I agree that it's not a value judgement, but it *is* a question of what meaning you apply to the music, and what you get out of it. People classify stuff; it helps us make sense of things. I don't necessarily think of MM and Adventure as punk albums, but there is that edge to the band. And then there's what they were playing on _Double Exposure_, which sounds *much* more like 60s garage punk (you can really hear that they were listening to Nuggets). How they got from there to the stuff that got released later, that never fails to impress me.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/