(TV) Slightly Off Topic: Strange Request / On Topic: TV's Kidnapping & Withdrawal / Romantic Advice for a Musical Maverick

Off Topic request:  anyone on MM List familiar with a folk
singer/song writer by the name of Ellis Paul?

I've been to the AMG site and other internet sites/searches
already but can not find any 'objective' reviews anywhere
else (by e.g., Robert Christgau, etc., or from national music press).

Anyone who knows this guy's music (Ellis Paul) care to weigh in---
Pro or con?

Is he a terrible wimp ala James Taylor or is he the real thing?

In the following pleas/questions  I am , half kidding, *half-serious*:
Any help or comments/knowledge greatly appreciated as this is apparently the
favorite music of a woman I've gone out with once and who I am very interested
in (so I need to know if there's any hope/future for the relationship
(well, at least as regards each other's musical preferences).

My closest friend has advised against me making and then sending her a
a tape/compilation of TV/Television songs at this early stage as that
could be fatal.

This brings up the whole subject for those on MM List who are/were married or
are/were in a (serious) relationship:  having strong preferences and great passion
for music do/did you have to 'work extra hard' at not offending your
wives'/girlfriends' musical tastes, and what is the secret of getting your beloved
to put up with' your Television/TV predilections?

	Leo

PS:  Regarding why Verlaine is doing the liner notes of the late Sept 2002
re-release of his eponymous first solo album:  He never actually agreed
to write these notes; what in fact occurred was that he finally relented
after being kidnapped in front of his Village apartment and then denied
coffee and cigarettres for two days.
http://www.ccmusic.com/