Re: (TV) Geez, it's been quiet - did I break the list again?

Is the drummer on the Slits record Bruce Smith? He is actaully a really good
drummer too. Ari Upp is living in NYC and doing stuff musically, but I hear
through the grapevine (bad pun based on the Slit's song "I Heard it Through
the Bassline" which is a take off of "Heard it Through the Grapevine") that
she is hard to work with. The Slits used to stay at my friend Peter's
apartment when they were in NYC so I go to meet a couple of them at
different times.

> This past week I listened to 2 groups from long ago, The Slits and The
> Waitresses. Both fronted by women as you all probably know, and both very
> different.  I hadn't listened to the Waitresses in a long time. I
originally
> bought the album because Billy Ficca was the drummer. The album I just
> listened to was the live show at My Father's Place from 2/13/82.  Billy
> played great.  His powerful, perfect drumming was one of the big
differences
> between these two for me. The Slits drumming was good but less audible and
> less precise. The Slits album I listened to was In the Beginning, also a
> live show evidently.  To compare and contrast these two, the Waitresses
were
> bright, upbeat and cynical, well-arranged, and it sounded like a big band.
> Chris Butler's songs- funny and provocative. The Slits were darker, more
> edgy, powerful but rudimentary. It seemed like the members of the
Waitresses