Re: (TV) Collecto's Choice "Tom Verlaine" reissue/ remaster

KongGod1@webtv.net wrote:

> The quote that was posted re: Television
> by Dave Marsh confirms what I've always
> suspected: Dave is an asshole. Does anyone (besides Dave) see Tom as
> being
> "Jerry Garcia-influenced"? Just wondering.

I'll bite. I don't really think Tom has listened to much if any Jerry
Garcia. However, both guitarists have a tendency to shine when they solo
(soloed in Jerry's case) in minor keys using modal scales. I sometimes
hear a similarity. Hope no one starts calling me an Eagles lover... ;-)
- Russ