Re: (TV) Cherry Garcia

> KongGod1@webtv.net wrote:
> I'll bite. I don't really think Tom has listened to much if any Jerry
> Garcia. However, both guitarists have a tendency to shine when they solo
> (soloed in Jerry's case) in minor keys using modal scales. I sometimes
> hear a similarity. Hope no one starts calling me an Eagles lover... ;-)
> - Russ

That sounds about right: some similarity, but not necessarily influence.
You could also say that both bands shared the guitar chores between two
strong guitarists.

Forsooth: the very idea of anyone in the punk scene in 1977 listening to
Jerry Garcia and being influenced by him is just too droll for words.
Imagine this dialogue:
	"Hey, let's put on our tie-die tees and beads and go over to
CBGBs and hang out with the Dead Heads!"
	"Groovy!  We can drop acid and burn some incense."

Oh yeah. Like Johnny Lydon was influenced by Pink Floyd.  Fat chance.

Next thing, somebody will be saying that MDC were closet Republicans, or
the Angry Samoans were secretly big fans of LA DJ Rodney Bingenheimer, or
that Jello Biafra canvassed for CA. Gov. Jerry Brown.  (Giggle.)

Mark