Re: (TV) This may be 'old news'?: MP3 ruling hurts both music fans and art ists

In message <B2D7C52AFC38D61181940004763B1B0A0CD7AF@vntmail03.volpe.dot.gov>, "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> writes
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/041/oped/MP3_ruling_hurts_both_music_f
ans_and_artistsP.shtml

"Thousands of people have downloaded my music since then -- and they're not trying to steal. They're just looking for music they can no longer find on the tight playlists of their local radio stations.

That's how many artists gain new listeners these days -- through the Internet.

After I first posted downloadable music, my merchandise sales went up 300 percent. They're still double what they were before the MP3s went online. "

- good points, eh?

--
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk