(TV) W: CD-Rs versus CDs FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip P. Obbard
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 10:13 AM
To: Casey, Leo J; Keith Allison
Subject: Re: CD-Rs versus Cds FYI

Here's my quick response: Heylin is
dead wrong. I HAVE sold parts of my boot
collection, and the true CDs always
sell faster and better than CD-Rs. In fact,
most collectors avoid CD-Rs and
feel cheated if they get them. Here's some
reasons why: (1) CD-R is often code
for "CD bootleg knock-off", complete with
badly photocopied graphics ; (2) pressed
CDs have vastly longer lifespans than
CD-Rs; (3) pressed CDs have a much wider
compatibility with CD players and
CD-ROM drives than the cheapo CD-Rs most
traders use now. I have some top-rated
drives (Plextor, Onkyo) that get mixed
results with some of the CD-Rs out
there.