(TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #840

Not only is this OT, as Philip pointed out, I can't figure out what Mark is trying to get at.

Philip was just making the point that governmental regulation tends to run in a cycle -- more regulation, less regulation, more regulation, etc. IN GENERAL -- not necessarily a judgement on whether this is a bad (or good) thing.  It was just an observation, your comparaison to European fascism really doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but whatever.

-------Original Message-------
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:44:09 -0800 (PST)
From: "Mark G. Ryan" <mgryan@cruzio.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Good or Bad? I dunno, yet
Yeah, it's pretty OT, but it's hard to have anything to do with pop music
and not run into ClearChannel.

As to "cycles"--I suppose one could also say that European fascism was a
"cycle"--but it took a world war and millions of deaths to break that one.
Just saying something is a cycle doesn't mean it ain't bad.

Emilie T. Hsu
ehsu@mindspring.com
eth5@columbia.edu