Re: (TV) Tomas Transtrvmer (was: Raven sucks)

I'll see if I've kept some of them in my basement. At least, I think I have a copy of Swedish rock mag Schlager where in interview with TV appeared in 80' or 81' - prior to the release of WFTF. I also have memories of the radio interview that the Swedish chap Per mentioned in a message earlier this evening.

Per, by the way, lives on one of Sweden's island, mostly known for being almost non-populated by humans and well-populated by sheeps. The people there also talk with an extremely strange dialect - like Gaelish to Englishmen. If I had to live under such circumstances, I WOULD consider to kill myself!

Leif J

From: "Mark G. Ryan" <mgryan@cruzio.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Tomas Transtrvmer (was: Raven sucks)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:44:47 -0800 (PST)

"leif joley" <leifjoley@hotmail.com> wrote:

> As for Transtroemer, I don't know how much of his works that has been
> translated to English; [snip]

35 listed on Amazon.com, under "Tomas Transtromer" (note spelling).

(The existence of English translations makes it easier to believe
that a guy from Delaware named Miller might be influenced by him.)

> It's a surprise that Verlaine's
> idolizing of him isn't known in these circles - it could be that TV has
> brought up this subject only when speaking to journalists from my country. > Because in almost every Swedish-made interview I've read, and there's been a > few over the years, he has talked about Transtroemer as a major influence.

Do you happen to have any of these interviews?  Would you care to
translate a few passages?

This is very interesting--thanks.

Mark