Re: (TV) Dutronc

So Dutronc was a singer as well? Fans of French cinema should look after his movies, especially "Van Gogh" (where he portaited the painter) and the black thriller-comedy "Nightcap". He's that kind of vulnerable and yet tough actor, both ugly and handsome, that could make even a completely heterosexual to contemplate over what it would be like to be in a homosexual relationship.

Leif J, Swedan

From: "Raymond" <ray@wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Subject: (TV) francophone/telephone connection
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:35:45 -0000

further to Eric's suggestions for some gallic listening pleasure i would
also
offer up the wonderful Jacques Dutronc - perfect for lovers of superior 60's
garage band
beatnik dudes with cool funny lyrics to boot-one of his tunes is called
"j'etais le
fils du Pere Noel"

i liked Telephone's song "la bombe humaine" a lot from when i was a student
living in the
Burgundy region - it has to be said i was usually bombed myself at the time
on "vin de
pays" - Eric is right, we did also support Alain Bashung ,who remains hugely popular, a few years ago and he still plays that tune live - he's kinda like
the
equivalent of a french Keef Richards-nice work if you can get it

regards

R.

and btw to all the Lou purists please kindly cease and desist from
denigrating "rock and roll animal" any more- i _love_ that record, it has so
many great memories for me and y'know at the end of the day it is what it
is, namely Lou backed by the classic-era Alice Cooper band.