Re: (TV) unsafe venues

At 4:41 PM +0000 2/26/03, sam matthews wrote:
i'd like to nominate three now defunt pittsburgh venues, the electric banana, the decade and the millvale industrial theatre.

Seconded. After hearing about the Station tragedy, I found myself thinking about the packed Faust show at Millvale when the singer lit a road flare. (I moved to the narrow hallway Sam mentions, indeed the only avenue of escape.) And, to a lesser extent, I thought of the time I was on the bill with the guy who kept throwing his lit cigarette butts off the stage. But we were lucky in both instances.

It sure does seem that there are a *lot* of unsafe dives to play in.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/