Re: (TV) (long OT) Re: bootleg

In message <000f01c2e290$1f625060$de1633ce@telstar>, Telstar <telstar@albedo.net> writes
They were always produced for a minority of rabid music collectors/fans. I
recently re-read Clinton Heylin's "The Great White Wonders - A History of
Rock Bootlegs" and according to him most bootlegs were produced in very
small numbers despite what the RIAA would have you believe.

Interestingly, there's been a 'new' Television boot on Ebay a lot recently. It's called 'Prove It' and claims to be the Great American Music Hall in 1992 (though they got the date wrong). I know it's a recent one 'cos the buggers pinched some of my artwork for the front cover. Anyway, the first time it came up it was "Buy Now for $49" ($49?!!). It went for $30. Another copy went this week for $4. Which rather suggests that either people aren't prepared to pay all that money for a boot any longer or they've realised that, if they go to the right place, they can get it for nothing.

--
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk