(TV) DC show 3/24/03

 :: Nice to meet you, also,  Steve.

I can not objectively review this show.

I have never seen Television live before, and honestly, I have never been
particularly excited by the various live recordings I've heard over the
years.
Well, I was blown away last night, maybe the word is devastated.
I really expected the aloof 'artiste' I had seen before - I have seen Tom
live a couple of times- glad to see him  happy, and the band looks a little
healthier than I've seen in photos from recent shows.

Television rocked ! Richard has obviously sold his soul to the devil at some
point.  - is he always like that? Richard is the mechanic, the technician,
the working man's player..."explosive"? you bet, but he hardly missed a
note, if at all. Awe inspiring! I planned on selling all my guitars on ebay
today. I give up.
Tom and Richard are just plain fantastic guitar players. We all know that,
and I have always thought so, but last night they were the best I have ever
seen.
Hopefully, I don't come down from this high for a while.

You have already read the excellent review given by Mr.fiftyfivefive,  he
nailed it -that's just how it was.
I agree completely with Steve on 'See No Evil' - exciting, big moment for
me. I used to jump around the room to that song when I was 18.
 I like the 'newies' too.

Basically, I LOVED THE WHOLE SHOW.

There was at least one cat call for 'Foxhole'. Tom smiled.
I was the guy yelling 'FRICTION'.

This may sound strange for a lister, and a devoted fan, but my friend and I
were discussing this on the way out: Will we see them again? probably not.
Will Television ever tour again? probably once or twice more, we think. How
can they support themselves at this point? What record company is going to
give them the big bucks to tour?

 I go to as many shows as possible for me; 10-20 a year, but I have seen my
heroes at their peak. I don't need to go again, there are plenty of bands to
see.

Of course, I'll probably be at the next shows anyway.

Thanks for listening,
  - H.