Re: (TV) About the new live CD

I also agree, also the cd-r is a nice gesture for fans
who go to the show and have the option of getting a
live cd-r of the band, especially if they really are
not connected to or have access to bootlegs.  Casual
fans may also be inclined to buy these whereas they
wouldn't seek out a live boot once the shows glow
wears off and finally, I think selling a copy of the
live show is a great way to curb some bootlegging.
Most people, i.e. those not part of this list, would
be happy with a copy of a show and not prone to buying
boots of the same songs played at different venues.
The band gets the cash and the bootlegger (who sells)
loses some.  Robyn Hitchcock used to bootleg the
bootlegs and sell them himself.  Plus, you ever been
to a show and it's just amazing and so you run out and
buy the band's cd and it just amazingly sucks pin pong
balls through a straw (not that anything TV ever does
sucks)?

And hey Philip, The Wonder is an impressive disc with
lots of neat little gutair parts i.e. where each verse
and chorus add in a new part and continues the layers,
subtle but quite hypnotizing in how it fits together
hence The Wonder.  The live versions of these tunes do
blow the Wonder away though.

Greg

--- Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> I agree TOTALLY.
>
> > True, but I think as Television fans we have an
> obligation NOT to pirate a
> > legit release. If you want someone to make you a
> copy of THE WONDER,
> because
> > the alternative is to pay $50 for a copy on Ebay,
> that's understandable.
> But
> > we're talking about a CD that's available, for a
> maximum of $15, and
> better
> > than THE WONDER besides.

SNIP

> > I can help to make that possible is by buying the
> CDs they produce (I
> hope -
> > you never know with these guys, after all...)
> >
> > --Philip

Further snipping for your reading pleasure