RE: (TV) Pirate CD's

--- Billy Ancell <bilbicus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry I think I was taken the wrong way - what really
> incensed me was the fact that this fungus ridden
> drongo was selling a "Genuine" copy of On the Beach on
> CD. Just the whole mis-selling thing. Reprehensible.

Ahhh.... yes, I misunderstood, but you are 100% correct that their use of the
word "genuine" is particularly appalling. I've fallen for this scam too, buying
a "rare, hard-to-find CD copy" of Public Image Ltd's COMMERCIAL ZONE a few
years ago. Of course, it turned out to be a CD-R, and (1) a cheap CD-R, (2)
taken from beat-up vinyl, (3) indexed poorly, (4) with skips in the original
source vinyl! It was patently worse than the vinyl-to-CDR transfer of the same
album someone on this group had been nice enough to send me three or four years
ago.

--Philip